AIOVA Chestnut mare, *1995 (Vatikan / Academy).
Breeder: Tersk Stud. Owner: Mr. A.A. Belov, Russia.
Strain: Kehaileh Moradi (Sahara, ca. 1840).
Russia’s 2013 WAHO Trophy has been awarded to the chestnut mare Aiova. She has proved herself to be one of the most valuable mares at the private studfarm of Mr. A.A. Belov, and a bright representative of the famous and numerous family descending from Mammona. Her sire Vatikan (Vatican) was an outstanding racehorse in Russia before his export first to Holland in 1988 and later to France in 1992 and thence to Jordan in 1999. From 39 runs, Vatikan won 9 races and placed 16 times, his wins included six top stakes races. Aiova’s dam Academy was an important broodmare at Tersk Stud. Aiova herself ran 10 times before retiring to the breeding barn at her owner’s farm.
Aiova is now the dam and grand-dam to an increasingly successful family, including many multiple race winners – two of which are winners of the Great Kazan Derby.
Among the best are the following:
- Antuan by Nougatin (17=1-1-1-4), winner of Entrance Prize, second in Prize of Tersk Stud, 4th in Aswan Prize)
- Dartanian (16=2-3-3-3) winner for 2 year old colts, for two year old horses
- Patrik (19=4-3-6-2) Trial for 2 year old colts, Great Summer Prize, Open, Great for 2 year old colts
- Partner (4=2-1-0-0) Summer, Great Kazan (Derby), Aswan Prize, Great Summer.
- Agor by Garold (26 = 6 – 7 – 3 – 3), winner Great Kazan (Derby), Entrance (Kazan), Naseem Prize (Kazan), Great Pyatigorsk (Pyatigorsk), 2nd in Great Summer (Pyatigorsk), Beresta Prize (Kazan), Kazan Cup (Kazan), 4th in Pesniar Prize (Kazan)
- Aigur by Gabon (15 = 6 – 2 – 2 – 2), winner Great Summer, Great for 2 year old horses, Pesniar Prize (all in Pyatigorsk), Sprint and Naseem (Krasnodar), 2nd in Entrance, Elite (Pyatigorsk), 3rd in Prize of Ministry of Agriculture and Elite (Pyatigorsk)
- Armeec by Mongrant (7=3-1-3-0) winner – Prize for 2 year old horses, Aswan Prize, Great All-Russian